Here are the questions for this week’s Sunday Ramble:
- When you feel negative, what techniques do you use to bring yourself up to feeling positive?
- What is a smell that made you smile when you woke up today?
- An owl is known for its wisdom, what are you known for?
- Do you know any good recipes? If so, can you share one? (If you don’t cook, tell me your favorite food recipe that someone else makes for you.)
- How do you console the people around you? (Online or in-person)
Here are my answers:
- Some of the techniques I learned when I was trying to handle my manic and depressive episodes without any help, and they always did an excellent job at bringing me up from the ashes.
- Writing in my journal
- Listening to music
- Talking to family about my feelings
- Reading a book
- Go for a walk
- My coffee brewing is always my favorite smell when I wake up.
- Benevolence…I help others. I think others would see me this way also. The other thing I would be known as is neurotic, and I think we could add socially awkward to that list too 😀
- I love to cook and have tons of great recipes that I could share with you all. I have shared one before that is called Fudgy Marbled Cheesecake Brownies. I may take some time after my summer session and share a few more of my recipes.
- I am actually horrible with sorrow and sympathy, but I am good at listening when someone is hurting. When I listen, it gives a safe space for them to vent or express themselves, which is important to make yourself feel better. Everyone needs a good shoulder to lean on, and I always try to be that person for people.